This is a great opportunity to discover the Scottish Highlands while working as a live-in Commis / Junior Chef in a friendly restaurant diner in a lovely town in the heart of the highlands.
Excellent free staff accommodation with kitchen is provided, plus a free meal when on shift. A Bonus Scheme is also available.
Your role will include food preparation and basic cooking under the supervision of a senior chef, and you will be responsible for ensuring food is served to the highest standard.
Previous experience preferred although full training will be provided
· Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
· Follow recipes and presentation specifications
· Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
· Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
· Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
· Restock items as needed throughout the shift
· Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
· Recording food temperatures
Skills and experience:
• Level 2 or 3 food hygiene qualification.
• Basic knowledge of all sections.
• Ability to work under supervision.
• Ability to produce good quality basic food.
• Understanding of health and safety.
• Understanding of basic food hygiene practices.
• Good verbal communication.
You can send your CV/Covering Letter to FAO Amy: email@example.com
Or if you have an Indeed account, please use this link below to apply:
If you are successful, you will be invited to attend a 1:1 zoom interview!